The Library Resource Centre is the base from which an ever-developing collection of resource materials that enhances the day-to-day education and leisure of the school community are managed.
Description of the collection
Our collection consists of:
- Junior fiction - picture story books
- Traditional stories - folk and fairy tales
- Fiction - story books
- Non fiction - factual information books
- Reference - encyclopaedias, dictionaries, atlases, thesauri and almanacs
- Electronic learning centre - World Book encyclopaedias and atlas on CD ROM
- Teacher reference - professional resources
- Parent library - books about children's feelings and coping with adoption, growing up, step families and divorce
- Literature based language program - books categorised by genre for classroom studies
- Art collection - original works in various art media.
Our Resource Centre is fully automated. Ten terminals are available for student searches.
- Prep students have their own library and also visit the Resource Centre throughout the year.
- Year 1 - borrowing period is one week.
- Years 2-6 - borrowing period is two weeks.
Books may be changed as often as desired; daily, if borrowers wish. The borrowing period may be extended if required. It is preferred that children use a water proof library bag which helps keep books clean, dry and in good condition while in their care. Waterproof library bags may be purchased from the
Teacher-librarian is responsible for:
- co-operative planning and teaching resource based units with each teacher.
- implementing a School Based Information Skills Program in consultation with the classroom teachers.
- maintaining and developing the library collection.
- the management, maintenance and development of the Literature Based Language Program.
- processing of new books and maintaining the borrowing system.
- providing bulk loans for classroom use.
- supervising and training library volunteers.