The following details the mobile phone policy that has been implemented:
- Mobile phones are not permitted in classrooms or in the playground.
- It is understood that some students are issued with mobile phones by their parents and caregivers for safety when travelling to and from school. Mobile phones should be switched off and stored safely and securely in a child’s bag once they are at school.
- Like all valuables that are brought to school, the onus is on the parents - caregivers /student to ensure that the mobile phone is kept secure.
- The school accepts no responsibility for loss/damage of valuable items.
- Students found not following the policy guidelines will have their mobile phones held at the office for collection at 3.00pm.
For privacy reasons, camera phones are not permitted to be used at Albany Creek State School.