“Research shows that children perform better at school when their parents are involved in their education.”
Throughout the years, Albany Creek State School has been ably supported by parents and caregivers. Many excellent facilities have been provided by the Parents and Citizens' Association including Grayson Hall. The Parents and Citizens’ Association makes regular generous financial contributions to purchase additional educational resources. The Parents and Citizens’ Association raises funds through the voluntary efforts of the parents, caregivers and others who are interested in the well-being of the school.
The President of the Parents and Citizens’ Association and the executive team liaise closely with the Principal and the school leadership team to identify and respond to identified needs. Educational equipment and teaching aids are purchased. Sporting materials are provided and ground improvements are constantly being undertaken.
What does the P&C do?
The P&C is about people – people just like you – parents, care givers and community minded people who want to help their school. You work very closely with your school, building a stronger school community, where all children benefit.
Why join the P&C?
Actions always speak louder than words when it comes to valuing your child’s learning. Joining the P&C is one of the best ways to show your children how much you value their education and how interested you are in what they do. By joining the P&C you are showing your children how committed you are to helping students and your school community.
A lot can and has been achieved through the P&C and school working together towards common goals. To continue the great work, P&Cs need people from all walks of life and with a range of talents who are committed to delivering great outcomes for our children and school.
Everybody has a role to play and your ideas will be heard. The more people who are involved, the more exciting and successful it will be.
What are the functions of a P&C?
- To encourage closer cooperation between the parents, members of the community, the staff and students of the school.
- To provide advice and recommendations to the Principal on issues & concerns in respect to the student body and the general operations and management of the school.
- To provide or assist in the provision of financial or other resources, services for the benefit of students of the school.
- To participate in school activities which will contribute to the general benefit of students attending the school , though any committee or other body comprising of members of the school and wider community.
How can you help?
Are you interested in contributing your thoughts on school policy? Do you have an hour or two to spare to assist in the tuckshop? Can you find 2 hours once a month to attend a P&C meeting? These are all ways you can be part of our school P&C.
How can you get involved?
Just by joining our P&C you add your voice to what’s happening in the school.
- Attend P&C meetings.
- Become a tuckshop volunteer.
- Become a classroom helper.
- Become a committee member.
- Support and promote fundraising initiatives.
- Help out at working bees and other events.
- Keep yourself informed about school life and educational matters through the Creek Weekly and Parent Talk (QCPCA publication).
How do you become a member?
- Come along to any of the general meeting scheduled for the third Tuesday of the month (during school terms).
- Complete a membership application form and forward it to the secretary. Application for membership will be considered at the conclusion of an ordinary meeting so that, if accepted, the member will have voting rights at the next meeting. Note: Category A memberships are accepted at the beginning of an Annual Meeting so that members can vote at that meeting.
- Membership eligibility.
- Category A: Parents/guardians of children attending the school.
- Category B: A staff member of the school.
- Category C: Other persons of or above the age of 18 years who are interested in the welfare of the school, subject to some conditions. Download an application form (PDF, 193KB).
- Choose the aspect of the school you would like to be involved with and join the team!