Albany Creek State School is affiliated with
North District Primary School Sports (NDSS).
Affiliated schools represented with NDSS include: Albany Creek, Albany Hills, All Saints, Aspley, Craigslea, Eatons Hill, Everton Park, McDowall, Northside Christian College, Our Lady of Assumption, Padua, Prince of Peace, Queen of Apostles, Somerset Hills, Stafford and Stafford Heights.
North District School Sport offer trials for the following sporting teams; Australian Football, Basketball, Cricket, Cross Country, Golf, Hockey, Netball, Rugby League, Rugby Union, Football (Soccer), Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Touch, Track and Field, Triathlon (and Aquathon) and Volleyball.
Trial notices and dates are posted on the
North District website. Students wishing to attend these trials are required to complete the appropriate paperwork, have it authorised (signed) by the ACSS Principal, pay any trial fees online and take the completed forms with the mto the trials. To obtain the correct documentation, please see the HPE Teacher.
For Metropolitan North Regional Carnival events please visit the
North District Primary School Sport also holds Friday interschool sport events. There are 4 Gala Days, which take place on four Fridays in Term 2 and 4. The sports offered to students in Term 2 include: Soccer (Boys & Girls Teams), Netball, Rugby League, Tag Rugby (Girls), Basketball, Volleyball, Hockey and AFL. In Term 4, Beach Volleyball, Touch Football, Cricket, Baseball, 6-a-side Soccer and Multisport (Year 4 only) is offered to students.
Interschool sports draws are available from the
North District School Sport website.
The aim of North District Primary School Sport is to promote Primary School Sport within the North District. In its role as a departmental committee, the operations of the NDSS will be subject to the policies, practices and directives of the Department of Education.
North District Primary School Sport aims to:
- encourage schools to organize and improve the standard of sport played in their schools.
- provide opportunities for students to participate in higher levels of competition.
- encourage school/community personnel to become more proficient in the presentation of school sporting activities.
- co-ordinate the efforts of the schools.
- liaise with the Regional School Sport Board.
- liaise with other bodies concerned with sports in which we conduct competitions.
- establish a calendar of district carnivals that aligns with zone and regional sporting activities, and.
- establish a developmental plan and operational guidelines for the implementation of the School Sport Program.